“Do you eat like this for ethical or health reasons?”
Vegan Roasted Garlic Cheddar Dill Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb. red potatoes the red is key here, as they cook up creamier than standard potatoes
- 1 bulb of roasted garlic for instructions on how to roast garlic, see this post
- 1/2 cup unflavored unsweetened non dairy milk of choice
- 1 tbsp. vegan margarine melted
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt this is quite a bit, so cut back if you're watching your intake
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to boil, lower heat, and allow to boil until softened.
- This should take about 40-50 minutes, but will vary depending on the size of your spuds.
- Remove from heat and drain water.
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into pan with potatoes.
- Mash potatoes and garlic with potato masher, leaving as chunky as you like.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.