With real pumpkin puree, toasted oats, crunchy pecans and lots of spice, this pumpkin pie granola is the perfect easy and delicious fall breakfast.
It’s been a while since I shared a granola recipe, and I’ve been hanging on to this one for a few weeks now, just waiting until the weather seemed pumpkin pie granola appropriate. I just about forgot about it.
It’s Sunday, so it’s a little late in the weekend for granola as far as I’m concerned. I usually like to make a big batch late in the week so we can enjoy it for breakfast all weekend long, and usually continue to snack on it throughout the week. Weekend breakfast is probably just about wrapped up for most of the world, but I figured you can always whip some up to enjoy for easy weekday breakfasts.
Pumpkin Pie Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats gluten-free if needed
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil whatever your favorite baking oil is
- Preheat oven to 300° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Stir oats, coconut, pecans, pumpkin pie spice and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Place pumpkin puree, maple syrup and brown sugar into a small saucepan and stir a few times to blend. Place over medium heat and cook just until brown sugar is melted, about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in oil.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over oat mixture and stir well, until fully blended.
- Distribute mixture onto baking sheets in even layers. Bake until lightly browned around the edges, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to a week.