Blended avocado, chocolate, coffee, cinnamon and cayenne chili pepper go into this decadent Mexican chocolate mocha smoothie.
It’s unlikely I’ll be celebrating with tequila or beer or whatever the local pubs are likely to be offering. I don’t handle that stuff as well as I might have ten or so years ago. This drinko, on the other hand, has all of my current personal favorite vices: coffee, chocolate and hot peppers. What more could I ask for to celebrate our southern neighbor’s independence?
Mexican Chocolate Mocha Smoothie
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups unflavored soy or almond milk
- 3 tbsp. cocoa or cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp. agave or to taste
- 1 tbsp. finely ground coffee
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch cayenne pepper or to taste
- pinch salt
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of pitcher as needed.