This rich and creamy breakfast polenta is topped with roasted summer peaches, pecan pieces, and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Roasted Peaches and Creamy Breakfast Polenta
- 2 ripe peaches sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup divided
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened unflavored non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup polenta
- a few pecan pieces optional
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray baking dish or cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add peaches, 2 tbsp. maple syrup and cinnamon. Toss to coat peaches. Bake about 20 minutes, or until tender and syrupy.
- While your peaches bake, prepare your polenta. Start by bringing milk, vanilla and 1 tbsp. maple syrup to a simmer in medium saucepan. Add polenta. Cook about five minutes, stirring frequently, or until thick and creamy.
- Spoon into bowls. You can add a little extra milk and/or syrup here if you'd like it sweeter and/or creamier. Top with peaches and pecans.