Flaky puff pastry is stuffed with a sweet & savory mixture of mushrooms, butternut squash, pecans & rice to make this delicious vegetable Wellington.
How to makevegetable wellington:
1. Place the rice, broth, thyme, sage & rosemary into a small saucepan & bring to a boil, lower the heat & cover. Allow to simmer for 40 minutes. Remove from heat & allow to sit with the lid on for about 5 minutes.
2. Toss the squash & mushrooms with oil & arrange them on a baking sheet.. Bake for 20 mins.3. Add olive oil to a large skillet & place over medium heat. Saute the onion & garlic.4. Add the whiskey & simmer for about 2 minutes.
5. Add 1 cup of the cooked rice, squash, mushrooms & pecans to the skillet.6. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture & stir to incorporate. Remove from the heat.7. Place puff pastry on a lightly floured surface & roll into a 12-inch square. Transfer to a baking sheet.
8. Place the filling on the puff pastry & shape with your hands into a rectangle.9. Fold the top & bottom ends of the puff pastry over the filling, then wrap the sides overtop, pinch tightly at the seams.
10. Brush the pastry with melted butter & poke a few holes to allow steam to escape.11. Bake until golden & puffy, 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool then slice and serve.