This vegan jambalaya cooks up quick and easy on the stove or in the slow cooker!
1. Sweat chopped pepper, celery and onion in oil.
2. Add garlic and spices. Cook everything briefly.
3. Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, hot sauce, and rice.
HOW IT'S MADE
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
6. Optionally, brown vegan sausage in a skillet.
1. Cook veggies, spices, broth, tomatoes, and hot sauce on low for 4 to 5 hours.
2. Add rice and continue
until rice is tender, stirring occasionally and adding broth as needed.
VARIATION: SLOW COOKER JAMBALAYA
Stir in the beans and (optionally) vegan sausage. Season with salt to taste.
Divide onto plates, top with scallions and enjoy!
Leftover vegan jambalaya will keep in an airtight container
in the fridge for about 3 days, or in the freezer for about 3 months.
LEFTOVERS & STORAGE
The link for the full recipe can be found below!
VEGAN CAJUN PASTA
MORE VEGAN CAJUN RECIPES