These empanadas are made with spicy black beans wrapped in flaky puff pastry.
1. Cook onion and pepper in oil.
2. Add garlic and spices.
3. Simmer with beans, water and tomato paste.
4. Add corn, scallions and cilantro.
5. Roll out puff pastry dough.
6. Cut the puff pastry into 4.5 inch circles.
7. Spoon the filling into the circles.
8. Moisten the edges of each circle.
9. Fold the pastry.
10. Seal and crimp the edges.
Bake until golden and crispy!
Leftover empanadas can be stored in a sealed bag or airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
LEFTOVERS & STORAGE
The link for the full recipe can be found below!
POTATO SPINACH CURRY
VEGAN CAJUN PASTA