Sweet Potato Pancakes...The Sequel: Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Coarsely grate sweet potatoes.
- Place shreds in strainer and squeeze out as much excess water as you can.
- Add to medium mixing bowl and toss with flour, spices and brown sugar.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sweet potato mixture and toss to coat evenly with oil.
- Cook, flipping occasionally - really limit this to occasionally in order to get nice crispy brown bits.
- You want to let the mixture sizzle for a minute or two, get some browning, then mix and toss. Do this until all potatoes are cooked and you have lots of those nice crispy ones.
- Serve plain, or top with nuts, yogurt and cinnamon, as I've done here.