These coconut streusel-topped vegan muffins are studded with juicy mango chunks and crunchy walnut pieces. They’re perfect for weekend brunching or any day snacking.
If you love blueberry muffins, these little guys are pretty much a sure bet. Swap out blueberries for mango chunks and throw in a few extra goodies like streusel and walnuts. I kept the batter at a not-too-sweet level in a effort to let the sweetness of the mangoes shine through. Mangoes are just about my favorite fruit ever, and I think these muffins now reign as my favorite muffins ever.
It’s Saturday on a holiday weekend, so I’m going to be brief today and pretty much drop you guys with a recipe. Maybe you’ve got some brunch plans and can put this one to good use? I hope it comes in handy. Enjoy.
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1½ tsp. coconut sugar (can sub light brown sugar)
- 1½ tsp. vegetable oil
- dash cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with papers.
- Stir streusel ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Stir flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a medium mixing bowl. In a separate, smaller bowl, stir together milk, oil and vanilla. Add to dry mixture and stir just until blended. Fold in mangoes and nuts.
- Divide batter into paper-lined muffin cups and sprinkle tops with streusel. Bake until muffins spring back when lightly touched and streusel is nicely browned, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool before removing muffins from tin.